Home Forums Diet and Supplements What should be the diet for an epileptic dog allergic to kibble?

What should be the diet for an epileptic dog allergic to kibble?

Home Forums Diet and Supplements What should be the diet for an epileptic dog allergic to kibble?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  VOSD Forum Admin 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Baisakhi
    Participant

Hi, my 4 year old beagle, Snoopy is epileptic and on pheno for the last 1 year. i found out a branded dog food is a trigger for him for epilepsy attacks. since then i have been giving him home cooked rice, carro/pumpkint and fish. he is allergic to pulses and wheat, curd.  i think he isnt getting enough nutrition. Could i give him VOSD superfood ?

Thanks.

VOSD Forum Admin
    Keymaster

A wholesome home cooked meal that has enough fat protein and essential nutrients is a good bet for a dog. If you have already an idea that he is allergic to wheat and curb it could mean that he is allergic to both lactose and gluten. Have you tried boiled eggs? An egg is the most bio-available food of all since it has all the ingredients to make a complete life form. VOSD is shortly going to release a hypoallergenic gluten and lactose-free diet in kibble and gravy that will be manufactured for us in Europe.

The VOSD SuperFood is a combination of egg protein (suggested), fish protein (which you are already giving) and spirulina (which has micronutrients, minerals etc). We would not suddenly change his diet. Try eggs first if that works you can add VOSD SuperFood.

BTW you can read more about epilepsy on the VOSD Blog here http://www.strays.in/index.php/2018/05/treating-convulsions-seizures-in-dogs/

VOSD Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Home cooked food may be sufficient if it sources proteins, fats, carbs and minerals adequately. Please see the reply below for food for the Beagle.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.